About AP Environmental Science
Course: Advanced Placement Environmental Science
Instructor: Mr. Scott Danville, email@example.com email me with any questions!
Advantages of taking AP Environmental Science
- AP Environmental science is a nationally accepted course like AP Calculus, AP English, AP World History, or AP Psychology
- You can receive 4 SUNY (State University of New York) credits for only $96
- 20 hours of Services Learning are built into the course
- Great for college applications and Honor Society
- APES is about proposing solutions for environmental problems and supporting your ideas with evidence as a critical aspect of what AP Environmental science is all about.
- Don't expect the class to be all about science, there is a social science component as well as economic, and political elements that are capitalized on at conferences AP
- Environmental science students participate in as well as helping inform students for Model U.N. and Harvard U.N.
- Projects have led students to New York City to film documentaries, Climate Summits, STEM Fairs with Clarkson University and more.
- Research fieldwork and presentation with area colleges
- Local, Regional, and even National science fairs for cash prizes and scholarships.
- Student-centered projects:
- Participation in two-day U.N. breakout-session style Climate Conference at the Wild Center, staying in Lake Placid
- Many Field Trips to Whiteface Mountain, The Wild Center, Lake Placid and other places over the course of the year.
What about the AP Environmental Science Test?
- The AP Environmental Science exam is usually the first week in May
- Section 1: 80 multiple choice questions (60%) 1 hour 30 minutes
- Section II: 3 Free Response questions (40%) 1 hour 10 minutes
- Receiving 3 (out of 5) gives the student 4 nationally accredited college credits for $96
- Note: there is also a $34 fee reduction that may be applied if you qualify